There are many reasons for why a gathering of people in a circle is powerful. A circle is a shape that is found repeatedly throughout the natural world, and it is a symbol of ‘perfection’.
We recreate this perfect shape when we join others to form a circle. Being in a circle allows us to experience each other as equals. Each person is the same distance apart from the next person and no one is seated higher than or stands apart from others in a circle. From tribal circles to the mythical round table of King Arthur, the circle has been the shape adopted by gatherings throughout history.
The circle is acknowledged as an archetype of wholeness and integration, when groups of people come together in a circle, they are united.
A circle is unity…
This unity becomes even more powerful when each person reaches out to touch a neighbour and clasps hands. This physical connection unites thought, action, mind, body, spirit and form in the circle. And, because a circle has no beginning and no end, the agreement to connect in a circle allows energy to circulate from one person to the next, rather than being dissipated into the environment.
I’m not suggesting that we have all of our meetings and gatherings holding hands in a circle singing ‘Kumbaya’ but there is a psychological meaning of unity, collaboration, inclusion and equality in a circle.
Life comes full circle…
People who take part in a circle find that their power increases exponentially while with the group. Like a drop of water rippling on the surface of a pond, the waves of energy produced in a circle radiate outward in circular motion.
While one person may act like a single beacon that emanates light, a circle of people is like a satellite dish that sends out energy. There is power in numbers, and when the commitment is made by many to face one another, clasp hands, and focus on one intention, then the circle emanates ripples of energy that can change the world.
Everything comes full circle, that’s why it’s important to become aware and conscious of our own fears and signs such as envy, jealousy, greed, lack of confidence or lack of self-worth etc. It’s important because what you experience you project, and in return this is what you will receive.
… Remember that old saying, ‘what goes around, comes around’ (full circle)? To keep your circle vibrant, you need to keep your words, thoughts and feelings positive.
Your circle of power…
There are times in life when we all need a boost. A bit more power.
I’m going to share with you a way that you can create some, just at the times when you need it the most. The circle of power will help you to manifest more:
So, instead of feeling:
You will be able to feel:
We’ve come full circle…
The most wonderful part about the circle of power is that you take it with you wherever you go and you can bring it out when you need it most.
Your circle of power is your magical circle. With the right intention, imagination, belief, visualisation and the right energy – you can create your own powerful circle. The more you use your circle, the more powerful it becomes. The more attention, energy and focus that goes into your circle, the more you will create into your reality. Focused attention results in attracting exactly what you want.
This is how you can design your own circle:
- Decide what your circle’s special power will be. For example, let’s use self-worth.
- Imagine a circle of power in front of you. It’s about 2 feet or 60cm in diameter.
- Remember a time when you felt totally ‘worthy’ of your desires. It doesn’t matter the circumstance or how long ago the memory; just really bring it to life. Connect with it and escalate the feeling as strongly as you can.
- Stack it on… Think of other times when you felt really worthy and place them in the circle too. The more experiences you can stack, the stronger your circle will be.
- Admire your stack of experiences… see them, hear them, feel them. Magnify them and increase the intensity and then step into your circle of power and soak up the energy.
- Add colour if you want too, or a soundtrack – a song that makes you feel everything you want to in the circle.
- When the feelings inside are at their peak … intensify them even more. Feel the powerful emotion surrounding you and flowing through your body.
- Now anchor this feeling with a word or phrase – “I am worthy and so much more” – and anchor that emotion on your body somewhere, like your ear lobe as an example (by pressing your ear while saying your words).
- Stay in your circle of power as long as you need to. Keep building on your emotions until you are feeling euphoric and with an abundance of self-worth.
- Before the intensity fades, step out of your circle of power. You can repeat this exercise as often as you feel the need to, and as you do, the circle becomes more powerful.
Keep it in mind to use at times when you feel nervous or stressed, such as a:
- Courageous conversation
- Telephone call
- First day at work or school
Just visualise it in front of you and step into your circle of power, firing all of your emotions and activate your anchor by pressing your ear lobe… I know what you’re thinking. It sounds crazy, right? Give it a go, it works!!!
Have fun with it! Remember, what you visualise will materialise.
Life in a circle is what makes the world go around!